It is a medical treatment for replacing unhealthy blood cells and replace it with new blood cells. Bone marrow transplant is a process to replace bone marrow that has been destroyed due to chemotherapy, disease and infection. It is a complicated treatment. You need to choose the best blood cancer bone marrow transplant place and hire the best doctor for it.
What is a bone marrow transplant?
Bone marrow is fatty and spongy tissue. It is called stem cell transplant. It can create some of these parts of blood:
- Red blood cells. It can carry nutrients and oxygen throughout the body.
- White blood cells. It can fight against infections.
- Platelets. It is responsible for making clots.
This treatment aids your body to make enough red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. So, you can fight against anaemia, infections and other diseases.
Why you need a bone marrow transplant?
It is done when a person cannot perform well and is not healthy and strong enough to do anything. This may happen due to severe infection, cancer treatment and other diseases. Here are some reasons why a bone marrow transplant treatment is needed for a patient:
- Due to aplastic anaemia, the marrow cannot create fresh blood cells.
- Marrow got affected due to cancers like leukaemia, lymphoma and all.
- Bone marrow is damaged due to other disease and chemotherapy.
- Thalassemia. It is a severe blood problem and disorder.
What is the best time to have a bone marrow transplant?
It is a complicated treatment and it needs enough time to plan the whole thing and procedure. Transplant treatment is successful if:
- You have a disease of early stage.
- There is a very small disease in your body.
- You will get benefit from the disease after the treatment.
- Your overall health is good and you are strong enough to go through this procedure.
At first, you need to find a donor for the treatment. The whole treatment takes two to four hours. The stem cells of the donor are being frozen before some days of the transplantation. But the risk is very low if you select the best doctor in town. The success rate depends on the matching factor of donor and recipient. It is tough to find out a good match. So, you need to do a lot of research. But a well-known clinic or hospital can arrange everything for you. You will be fit and fine after three months. At this crucial time, you need to stay protected. The overall recovery rate depends on multiple factors. These are:
- Treatment condition
- The transplantation place
If you are in the initial stage of recovery time then, you need to notice the signs of infection. You may develop an infection after the bone marrow transplant. So, you need to be very careful after this treatment. You need to stay under regular check-ups. You should listen to your doctor and take medicines on time. You need to check the possible side effects as well. It is necessary to stay under medical supervision after the bone marrow transplant donor match.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry Also Offers Following Services :
Gift of Life Marrow Registry
Address: 800 Yamato Rd suite 101 Boca Raton, FL
Phone: (800) 962-7769